Well that weekend just flew by. We got up early Saturday morning and headed off to the Apple store so I could get my battery replaced, *again* as well as part of my power cord. Fortunately it was all covered under warranties. Then we headed off to Carfagna’s to dig into their meat selection for Saturday’s dinner. While grabbing some sirloin we noticed a decent price on 8oz bacon wrapped filets so we picked some of those up for dinner on Sunday. Then we headed to North Market to get some freshΒ  veggies for Saturday dinner and of course some Jeni’s ice cream. I was lame and got the same thing again but seriously Pear Riesling is superb and light. Once home we did a thorough cleaning of the kitchen and main level of the house. Then it was time to chop vegetables until the cows came home. πŸ˜‰ Our friends K&J were coming over for dinner and K is sort of vegetarian. So we made do it yourself kabobs with plenty of veggies to go around and fresh sirloin for the carnivores. Dinner was excellent. As was the company. πŸ˜€ They left about 9pm which was about the same time that we both passed out. (I am sure the alcohol consumed with dinner played no minor role in the sleepiness.)

Sunday involved more cleaning of the house. This time we tackled the upper level. It feels so nice to see the bedrooms freshly swept. Just need to put the summer sheets on the bed. Although since it is snowing tonight, that may need to hold off for a week or so. After we got the bedrooms taken care of I decided to tackle my yarn stash while the boy played some Mario Kart. My cubby for bits and pieces was very full and so I knocked them all on the floor to sort out the full skeins that were hiding in there. Silly yarn. Then I started winding some of the messier skeins into cakes. Before I knew it, it was time to head off to a birthday party for our 2 yr old pal. πŸ™‚ The party was fun and the cake and ice cream was good. πŸ˜€ I even wore my party hat. Then we rushed back home in time to beat his parent to our house and get the grill going. We had wonderfully yummy filets, salad and carrots for dinner. Then we played Phase 10 and I lost horribly. I was winning awesomely and then the table turned on me. πŸ™ *tear* Now it’s time for bed bed. Have a g’night everyone!

About LittleWit

Rockin'. I eat my snacks in multiples of two.
This entry was posted in Personal. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Whoosh

Comments are closed.