Below is my list of tasks to complete for January.
- Knit half of Vivian – I haven’t knit anything beyond what I initially knit at the very beginning of the month.
- Knit all of Forest Vixen – I have knit all the body and am on hold until I can find an appropriate yarn for the top.
- Knit a minimum of 2 burial buntings and 2 preemie hats by the end of January, no later than Feb 15th. – This one is super close to being finished. I will be casting on preemie hat #2 today and it should be off the needles no later than Sunday night.
- Learn to crochet well enough to make a Ninja. Should be completed by Feb 14. If not then by Sept 5th. – Hmm this is looking more and more like a Sept 5th project. 🙂
- Finish sewing bags – I sewed one and posted pictures of it here. If I have time this weekend I will do the 2nd one or it will be done on Feb 16th.
- Sew Andy’s table runners – this one gets to go into February – Ha! Don’t tell Andy I am a terrible terrible chum. Hopefully he will forgive me.
- Locate that friend of mine that moved to another country and disappeared. Mass e-mailing is in order. – I found her! Or rather she called me. But now we have spoken twice. That’s actually very exciting and I am glad it was accomplished! 😀
- If I can get everything in 1-7 (except maybe #6) done then I s’pose I should finish off my quilt. 🙂 – 1-7 wasn’t completed so I am off the hook on this one
- Cast on a pair of socks for me. – Soon, I promise soon!
- Knit up that pair of socks that’s been on the needles too long. Hmm this one can have until March. – These are being tossed into my knitting bag today so they should start seeing some progress soon.
Ha! I am always so ambitious with my to do lists. Not that I couldn’t have finished the tasks above but I had almost a two week period where I just did.not. feel like knitting. Blasphemy I know. 🙂 However, during my non-knitting days I did accomplish other eye twitching tasks around the home. I am starting to get the desire to knit back. It’s only slightly hindered by some long standing WIPs that I really need to get off the needles one way or the other.
In other things that I did accomplish:
- I built a table with the boy.
- I cleaned my office.
- We did the preliminary round on our taxes. Just waiting for a couple forms to show up so we can verify our numbers.
- I renewed the registration on my car and got the lien taken off at the BMV.
- I met up with an old chum for dinner.
- I delivered all but 1 Christmas gift.
- I blogged every day in January.
- I finally went on one of the hikes being organized around the region.
- I organized most of this year’s Sticks N Stitches event with the Columbus Blue Jackets which includes securing some splendid door prizes and goody bag donations!
- I only fell down once and bought yarn! 😀
- I diagnosed the boy’s ailing computer.
- I began my service with Big Brothers Big Sisters and hung out with my little 4 times. 😀
- I also read a book! I have gotten away from my reading because of “life being busy.” Yes that’s a lame excuse and we all know what excuses are like and how people feel about hearing them… So I have decided to push myself to read one book every month this year. If I can accomplish that I may well be on my way to getting back into reading! That would make me a happy girl. 😀
I ‘d say that’s not too shabby! 🙂