- Three is the first odd prime number, and the second smallest positive prime. Three is the first unique prime due to the properties of its reciprocal.
- Three is the second triangular number and it is the only prime triangular number. Three is the only prime which is one less than a perfect square.
- Three non-collinear points determine a plane and a circle.
- Three is the fourth Fibonacci number and the third that is unique.
- Vulgar fractions with 3 in the denominator have a single digit repeating sequences in their decimal expansions, (.000…, .333…, .666…, .999…)
- A triangle is the most durable shape possible, the only “perfect” figure which if all endpoints have hinges will never change its shape unless the sides themselves are bent.
- 3 is the only integer between e and π.
- Only three tetrahedral numbers are also perfect squares.
(Click here for more information on the number 3.)
- Three is the number of years we have been together. Looks like we are triangle material. Love you.
Can you say “Hello dimples?!”
:::snickering quietly to self:::